6 October 2020
10AM - 4PM
Free to attend
Working 9-5 – what a way to make a living.
Workers want those days to be over. People want work that works without compromising day to day life. A fulfilling career achieved without detriment to our home lives and well being. Whether you are a returner looking to kick-start your career, a parent seeking that ultimate work life balance where no one is left sobbing at the school gates, a baby boomer who doesn’t want to retire but wants to bring their skills to an employer who thinks beyond the 9-5, 5 day week, or have secret aspirations to be in the Olympics and want to train every day- we can connect you with an employer who wants your skills and is open to the flexibility you need to bring your best to the boardroom.
If you are teetering on the brink of launching your own business, or want to find a franchise or work as a freelancer, we can bring you ideas, arm you with tools and connect you with businesses who can help you on your exciting journey.
- Learn from experts in our Main Theatre; how to negotiate a flexible return, how to make flex work for you and your employer, what a job share is and how to find one, what to do if your flexible working request is denied and much more. (Full agenda here)
- Soak up ideas in our Innovation Theatre; how to get up to speed with new technology after a career break, upskilling and retraining, employed versus self employed- what are your rights if you switch to contracting, how to win business as a contractor, how to utilise your own network and much more. (Full agenda here)
- Meet employers who are looking to recruit the very best talent and are happy to talk flex.
- Meet like-minded people in our Networking Bar who can share inspiration and opportunities.
- Learn how to negotiate a flexible return
- What to do if your flex request is denied
- How to request flex at the interview stage
- Presenting the business case
- Two Way Street- how to make flex work
- What’s a Returnship?
- How do I find a job share partner?
- Getting up to speed with advances in technology after a career break
- Retraining and upskilling
- Freelance versus employment
- Setting out as a contractor
- Franchising Workshop- is it for me?
Bring your CV and benefit from a 1 to 1 session with a CV expert.
In our networking lounge. Meet other professionals who have similar challenges to you and share contacts and ideas to plan your return to the workplace.
Who are looking for top talent to join their teams and who are happy to talk flex.
Browse live vacancies
On our jobs wall situated on the show floor.
Whilst this is a business event, we appreciate that babies can’t always be left and that childcare often isn’t in place until you are back at work! Children are therefore welcome on site. We respectfully ask that you leave a theatre if your child is unsettled.